Why Work With A Coach?
Something is not working in your life. You might be hurting and overwhelmed. You might be stuck and confused. Maybe you are asking yourself questions like: “What has become of me? Where am I going? Why can’t things be easy the way they used to? I feel so stuck, there has to be better way…”
You’re right! There is a better way. Things should definitely be less painful. And things should certainly be easier than they are. This is not the way life is meant to be! Life is too short for “this” to continue.
Unfortunately, many essential life skills, such as self-care, stress management, communication, managing relationships or parenting, are not taught in school. Yet, these skills are fundamental to leading a healthy balanced life, and to being emotionally resilient. So, without having learned those skills, why would you know how to get through a difficult life transition? How would you know how to communicate with your spouse, children or co-workers in a productive manner? How can you better understand yourself, feel courageous and lead a productive life?
If you answer YES to any of these questions...
- Are you having trouble making a huge life-changing decision?
- Did life just throw you a curve ball, or did you just go through a major life transition – and are you left gasping for air and wondering how you are going to pick up the pieces?
- Do you sometimes feel overly critical of yourself or others?
- Would you like to go through life with more self-knowledge, self-confidence and courage?
- Would you like to simply be happier and live a more fulfilling and whole life?
Or NO to any of these...
- Do you like your life?
- Do you like yourself? Do you even really know yourself?
- Are you in harmony?
- Are you at peace?
- Do you feel satisfied with most aspects of your life (relationships, parenting, work/career, finances, environment)?
... you have answered the question “why work with a coach?”.
So how do you get from where you are right now to where you want to be?
With coaching, you will:
- Become fully aware and clear about who you really are, leading to a sense of wholeness,
- Be more fully self-accepting, giving you a sense of inner peace and well-being, which allows you to focus on contributing to the world around you,
- Be living the life you really want and love, making you feel like you are in flow: vibrant and alive,
- Be a courageous human being, realizing that you have choices and having confidence in your abilities. From this place of courage, you will be able to tackle challenges head-on and grow from them, versus letting them define and rule you,
- Be in harmony and in flow with yourself, your life and others,
- Have a strong sense that you “fit in” and belong, allowing you to live life fully and passionately.
These transformations happen as your coach fulfills different roles: sometimes a sports coach who pushes you beyond your own limits. Sometimes your personal cheerleader who encourages you like you have never been encouraged before. Sometimes even a midwife who helps give birth to a new you. And always a catalyst, with whom you co-create the changes you are yearning for.
The International Coach Federation offers this information on its website: