Benefits of Coaching
In the words of the Dalai Lama, "the purpose of our lives is to be happy.” But happiness is really a result that is achieved as a by-product of feeling connected to others, feeling capable, feeling like one counts and contributes, and feeling courageous (*). Which is why more and more people are turning to a Life Coach. No matter what goals you are looking to achieve through coaching, the most important end-benefit of coaching will be more happiness.
More specifically, the International Coaching Federation finds that “Professional coaching brings many wonderful benefits: fresh perspectives on personal challenges, enhanced decision-making skills, greater interpersonal effectiveness, and increased confidence. And, the list does not end there. Those who undertake coaching also can expect appreciable improvement in productivity, satisfaction with life and work, and the attainment of relevant goals.” (ICF)
Various coaching studies show the following quantitative benefits:
- Generates improvements in individuals’ performance/goals: 84%
- Improved relationships: 77%
- Increased openness to personal learning and development: 60%
- Greater ownership and responsibility: 52%
Graphics by the International Coach Federation.
In other studies, clients report that coaching positively impacted their lives as well as their careers by helping them:
- Establish and take action towards achieving goals
- Become more self-reliant
- Gain more life and job satisfaction
- Contribute more effectively to their community
- Take greater responsibility and accountability for actions and commitments
- Work more easily and productively with others
- Communicate more effectively.
So act now!
Find out more about our coaching services.
(*) B.L. Bettner and A. Lew (1989, 2005), Raising Kids Who Can, Newton Centre, MA: Connexions Press.